I am a photographer. One who rarely remembers to take video (even though some of my blog posts include short clips).
And even though I spent almost 10 years working on the periphery of the film industry in Australia (in particular, I was one of the main time-lapse photographers for the IMAX Movie: Hidden Universe 3D), I haven’t personally played around much with video.
So imagine my surprise when, after my experiences in East Greenland on the Unplugged Wilderness Trek with Greenland Adventures, I had a real (and unabating) desire to create a video slideshow with some of my favourite images from the trek.
The idea first surfaced when I heard the song Vor í Vaglaskógi by the Icelandic band Kaleo – one of the many music recommendations I took on board while we were hiking. I love all their music (give them a listen if you aren’t familiar with them), but this song reached out and grabbed me, as it perfectly captures the grandeur of East Greenland and also my melancholia for having to leave.
I’m really looking forward to returning in 2018!
Read more about the Unplugged Wilderness Trek
- Day 1 – Tasiilaq to Kulusuk and along the Sermiligaaq Fjord
- Day 2 – Hike to the Karale Glacier
- Day 3 – Hike to the lookout over Sermiligaaq Fjord and Karale Fjord
- Day 4 – Karale Fjord camp to Beach camp
- Day 5 – Beach camp to Bluie East Two
- Day 6 – Bluie East Two along the Ikateq strait to the Tunu Fjord
- Day 7 – Tunup Kua Valley to Tasiilaq Fjord
- Day 8 – Along the Tasiilaq Fjord
- Day 9 – Tasiilaq Fjord to Tasiilaq Mountain Hut
- Day 10 – Tasiilaq Mountain Hut
- Day 11 – Tasiilaq Mountain Hut to Tasiilaq Fjord to Kulusuk
- Day 12 – Kulusuk to Reykjavik
- Video Slideshow – of some of my favourite images
If it has sparked an interest in Greenland more generally, learn more about this amazing country at Visit Greenland, and check out the wide range of tours of all kinds (not just hiking and trekking) at Guide to Greenland.